Monday, March 11, 2013

That sappy stuff

I think it's the sweetest thing whenever I see husbands post on FB or Instagram about how blessed they are to have such a godly, gentle, passionate, beautiful, and fun wife to journey through life with. You can just imagine the smile that swept across their face when they would recall how they first met and how it took him forever to build up the guts to ask her out on a date.

I pray that I can be that kind of wife to my future husband that he can't help but let the world know how lucky he is!

Let's be honest here... I love LOVE. Maybe I've experienced mere glimpses of it in my past relationships with people but I don't think I've come close to tapping into that secret tune that has the world humming love songs or those smiles that come out of nowhere just with the thought of that person. No, I don't think I quite get it yet. Not that I don't want to. I want it, trust me. I just don't want to be in a romantic relationship that will ever distract or take me away from my intimate relationship with God. I've been there and as hard as it was to walk away, I did. To most, this might not make sense. "You don't want a relationship because of your relationship with Jesus?" I know. Kind of confusing. There are many facets of love. The love I'm referring to in this entry is all that sappy stuff. The relationship I have with God is the way a little girl loves her father. Just thought I would clear the air. Hope that did the trick.

Anyways, I hope to marry a man that will display strong facets of who Christ is each new day so the more I fall in love with Christ I will continue to fall more in love with my husband. Someone I can learn from and grow with. That when I look into his eyes there would be a sort of soft form of grace and understanding. His hands ready to serve but ready to lead. A voice that holds authority but a sense of safety for me and our many children. Of course, I want to reciprocate that so I won't be the only one taking away from our relationship. I want to add laughter to his years and a home that he can find rest and support in physically and spiritually. Among other things.

Proverbs 31? You know, where it talks about the wife of noble character. Of course you do! Every Christian woman will hear about it at least once in their life.* That's the kind of woman I strive to be. Maybe one day I'll be able to bless a man like that.

*Or hundreds of times. You may even had to have studied so you could write it word for word with all the correct punctuation for your monthly exam in Biblical Application. No? Oh, well you missed out on some intense late night cramming.

No comments:

Post a Comment