Monday, March 25, 2013

Need.

My heart is full.
It's a serene feeling really.

Nothing can touch me unless I give it permission.
I've felt this feeling before and it's only when I take refuge in the shadow of my Savior. The feeling of not needing anyone or anything.

I don't need riches.
I don't need to be entertained.
I don't need things.
I don't need salted caramel mochas.
I don't need a man (this was the hardest to admit).


All above statements are what I find personal happiness in. There are much more I could add but those are what come to mind. I can only say these things because my heart is full. Full with Jesus' mad love. He is my true source of joy.

I have found that nothing is fulfilling without Christ being the center of it. In everything I am doing or desire to do, I want nothing more than a Christ-centered and passionate life and everything else to fall in place after that. Nothing in this world is worth it to me anymore. I don't care if people call me crazy. In fact, CALL ME CRAZY! That's what I want to hear. That at the end of my life people would say that this world held nothing for me. Even the ones I love here on this earth couldn't keep me here any longer if my time came to leave it and spend eternity with Jesus. My soul yearns to be there.

I just pray that I would not get lost in the pleasures of this world again. In the world but not of the world. Such a hard verse to live by if I were on my own. My eyes have been opened and I am willing to admit that I NEED nothing less than Jesus.

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong

Happy Monday everyone!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment