Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When the music fades...

After finishing my 40 day journey through Rick Warren's book (Purpose Driven Life), which I do encourage you to read, there were some messages that really stood out to me that I would like to share from time to time.
You may have heard it before that your act of worship is not only singing praise songs in a building with fellow believers every Sunday, but it is how you live your life every moment of each day. I know that I had been told that many times but I didn't quite grasp it for the longest time, not until Warren shared the story about the man who wrote the song "Heart of Worship". This man challenged his church to look for different ways they could worship God besides singing songs. He had the worship team take a break for a while and there ended up being no praise and worship time for a few Sundays. In the meantime, while his congregation found the meaning of an act of true worship, he was writing a song. When the people came back again filled with joy, he played this song before anything else began. That song was the "Heart of Worship"... now if you remember the words to that song, you should now gain a better understanding of what it meant.
"... I'll bring you more than a song, for a song in itself is not what you have required. You search much deeper within, throught the way things appear. You're looking into my heart. I'm coming back to the heart of worship, where its all about You. Its all about you, Jesus. I'm sorry Lord for the things I've made it..."

Be encouraged by this and I pray that you'll bring Him more than a song and worship Him in everything you do today!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment