Saturday, March 20, 2010

He Only Takes The Best...

God saw he was getting tired,
and a cure was not to be;
So he put His arms around him,
and whispered, "Come with me."
With tearful eyes
we watched him suffer,
and saw him fade away.
Although we loved him dearly,
we could not make him stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
hard-working hands to rest;
God broke our hearts
to prove to us,
HE ONLY TAKES THE BEST!

Today we went to a funeral for an old friend who was a father and husband of 55 years... and this was a poem that was on the front of the memory book.  It brought tears to my eyes as it reminded me of all those last moments we had with my dad before he was called home. 
Battling cancer is such a physical and emotional drain on the victim and those around him.  It was such a heavy weight on my dad's shoulders and the rest of my family. 
I'm so blessed that my relationship with him grew those last few years:)  So now I can say He truly only takes the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment